MedSpa / Aesthetic Practice Business Traininig
Presented by the IAPAM, the Aesthetic Practice Startup Workshop will prepare you for all the steps needed to add aesthetic medicine to your practice. By utilizing our facilitator’s experience, you will avoid some of the common pitfalls of the aesthetic industry.
After completing this one day session, you will also leave with a business plan for your aesthetic medicine practice. This program will cover all aspects of creating a business plan for an aesthetic medicine practice or medical spa. Here are some of the highlights:
- Financing Options.
- Target Demographics for your Procedures.
- Developing a menu of Treatments and Pricing Strategy.
- Establishing Aesthetic Practice Protocols for your staff (examples included on CD).
- Creating an effective Marketing Plan. Including incorporating low-cost internet marketing strategies (i.e. search engine optimized, social media marketing with Facebook, MySpace, Twitter and LinkedIn, and writing press releases).
- Finding the Right Location.
- Staffing (job descriptions included on CD).
- Federal and State legal and regulatory issues.
- How to Read Financial’s.
Who Should Attend?
This program is designed for physicians, business managers, and key staff involved with an aesthetic medicine practice or MedSpa.
“the IAPAM’s Business Bootcamp was essential to me in starting my anti-aging center. I had the concept and the vision but no idea how to put those into a business plan format. The bootcamp gave me the tools and information needed to research my concept, learn the financials specific to my vision, and form and present that information to lenders, builders, and vendors. I would highly recommend anyone thinking of starting or incorporating an aesthetic practice attend this conference.” ~ Dr. A. W. IA
We’ve created the following program to guide you through the often confusing process of creating a plan for your aesthetic practice or medical spa:
1. Financing Options for Physicians
- Should I buy or lease equipment
- SBA and regular loan options
2. Target Demographics for your Aesthetic Procedures:
- Based on your current (or proposed) patient base we’ll create a target demographic profile
- You will learn your target patient’s: age, sex, socioeconomic status, ethnicity
3. Developing a Menu of Treatments and Pricing Strategy for Aesthetic Procedures:
- After we create a personalized demographic profile, we’ll create the menu of services those patients desire.
- We’ll show you how to find out what to charge for each procedure.
4. Establishing Aesthetic Practice Protocols and HR for Aesthetic Practitioners:
- Many insurance companies are now requiring written procedural protocols, included on the CD is are customizable aesthetic procedural protocols for you to use in your practice or medical spa.
- Aesthetic practice nurse and medical aesthetician job descriptions.
5. Creating an Effective Marketing Plan for an Aesthetic Medicine Practice or MediSpa:
- We’ll give you guidance on the most effective internal and external marketing techniques.
- A CD with examples of effective (and ineffective) print advertising, examples of press releases and other marketing collateral.
- Using the latest Social Media marketing tools (including: LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and MySpace).
- How to utilize the media for publicity (including how to create an effective press release).
- How to create an effective direct mail postcard.
- How to use the internet for a low-cost, but highly effective marketing campaign.
- How to leverage open houses and educational seminars.
- Utilizing Google local ads and AdWords to get patients to your practice.
6. Finding the Right Location for an Aesthetic Practice or MedSpa:
- We’ll guide you on the best practices for choosing a location for a stand alone aesthetic practice or medical spa.
- Should you integrate it within or practice or open a stand alone medspa?
7. Staffing in an Medical Spa or Aesthetic Practice:
- We’ll review the key positions in a practice/medspa and also include customizable job descriptions.
8. Federal and State Legal and Regulatory issues:
- We’ll review common Federal and State regulations that you need to be aware.
- What you need to know about the Stark Law.
9. Startup Costs and Reading Financials:
- Typical startup costs for adding aesthetics to a practice.
- You don’t need to be an expert at understanding every type of financial reports, but you do need to understand the health of your business.
- In order to maintain profitability, there are some key indicators you’re going to need to watch on a regular basis. We’ll help you focus on the most important indicators.
For more information, visit the IAPAM’s website.